Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Synchronicity

While reading Scott Bedbury's "A New Brand World," I have become more aware of how little details can influence a person's impression of a brand.


Scott gives the example of how travelers judge gasoline stations not just on the price but also on the quality of the restrooms.


I was struck by a similar thought, might viewers judge your product by the channels through which you issue press releases.


Case in point, I receive Google alerts and one arrived recently that pointed me to a particular web site. A press release about a product called "Alerts," which I thought was amusing. However, one of the banner ads was an embedded video hawking embedded video. Again, more recursion! The irksome thing was that it auto-played when the page was loaded and there were no controls to pause or silence the video.


I took a couple of screenshots but won't embed a video of the video.







No comments:

Post a Comment